8.21.2008

Veritas Lux Mea Super



The Manhattan Journals:
Collect Calls To My Soul Mate

Originally published:
June 29, 2007
Blog Entry 18


Poem 41
Veritas Lux Mea Super
(Duo Milia Septem)
(Latin: Truth
is my light)

You have no idea.


You haven't anything but the stars shining at your feet,
illuminating the path that I've stumbled upon.
You will never know how much I love you
until you are able to touch a blue sky with tender fingertips,
where heaven and earth meet.

In this short but fulfilled life,
I have found you after so many twists and turns,
where my own stories baffle me as they raise ghosts from the dead
and silence the living into a fearless existence;
you know, the one we all dread?

The wind behind me, pushing me forward
Into the present moment;
hold my hand my love and never let go.
I will carry the both of us through any valley, into any forest, and across any desert;
knowing that my mission is a noble one.
For in my beginning there will surely come my end,
and you can have it all when my life is done.

Under fire in a hell on a smoldering day
I left a piece of me alive
for this very purpose--
to find a life within a life.
I can destroy my own hells and create my own heavens,
whereupon there will come a time when I take you as a wife.

I am fearless,
I am a runaway mind.
On a wild journey,
I want nothing more than to capture myself.
Our love liberates me from the struggles of a deprived soul,
giving me the courage to reshape myself into a better man.
I give myself to you,
knowing I have only this goal.

If you look at night skies
Where you may find a shooting star,
racing across the backdrop of a timeless universe--
know at that very moment how important it is for me to be with you in this life.
We were meant to be together,
confirming that time never aligns itself in reverse.


You have no idea.



No comments: