9.25.2008

The Things I Find




The Things I Find

by Maverick.214
(Poem 1 from The Solar 26 Sideburns Collection:
Alien Chicks Loved Captain Kirk's Space Package)

Tenfold enlightenment increased by multitudinous luminosity;
a single moment of clarity, shattering cloudy days,
and once upon a new haven
is where I find an epiphany of self.

A candle that has no wick dies an even quicker death;
a brief encounter with a darker mind, searching for rain in the downpour of a drought,
and furthest from the veracity of myth making
is where I lose an inarticulate description of someone I cannot ever reinvent.

Incense lights a smoky trail upwards into a supernova ceiling;
a timeless stretch of galactic symphonies, echoing sentiments of resting ancestors,
and closer even still a heart pouring into the universal mix
is where I reconnect with my true nature.

All this I gather like firewood;
a final attempt to warm the heart and fire the soul, defying natural laws of evolution,
and rescuing so little of myself in an irrational world
is where I finally lay my head upon the words of a poem from deeper meaning, always.

No comments: