2.03.2008

Episodic Neurotica

Episodic Neurotica
by Maverick.214

Under the crevice of a scattered thought,
I know there is another stairwell,
leading into the residual corners of an imaginary chamber.
I know this room very well.
Afterall, I rearrange its furniture on a daily basis.

I watch children fly kites and blow bubbles
through splintered green beer bottles.
I hear an old woman's eerie laughter in the tunnel of a mediocre life,
where nameless gladiators trudge along to glorified deaths.
It is, of course, my dear mother,
who cannot recognize me with my mask of armor on.

Pull on a string, burst a bubble;
vain acts of discontenment portray such sad moments in life.
For if innocence is lost
then what else escapes this world,
when men truly become men and boys return to the bosom?

I can't seem to find the answer or the faith in much, nowadays.
I'm confused, I'm disoriented, and I'm exhausted beyond reason.
And there's still so much furniture to rearrange
in that secret room in the back of my mind at the end of the tunnel.
I have been battling myself for much too long.

No comments: